The sites and monuments near your hotel in Paris’ 10th arrondissement
The 10th arrondissement in Paris is nothing if not eclectic. Located between the Grands Boulevards, the place de la République and the peace and quiet of the Canal Saint-Martin area, it’s strategically placed to visit all the capital has to offer. You could almost say it’s at the centre of everything!
The ideal location in Paris’ 10th arrondissement of the 3-star Provinces Opéra Hotel means you enjoy easy access to many of the capital’s sites and monuments. To facilitate your trip to Paris and offer you the best possible service, your hotel has put together a selection of places to visit nearby.
Highlights of the 10th arrondissement in Paris
- La Place de la République: Just a 15-minute walk from your 3-star hotel in Paris lies the pretty Place de la République. At the centre of an entirely renovated esplanade stands an impressive bronze statue celebrating the glory of the Republic.
- The Canal Saint-Martin: the 4.5 km long Canal Saint-Martin links the Bassin de la Villette to the Seine. With its tranquil atmosphere, subterranean vaults, charming footbridges and chestnut and plane trees along the water’s edge, the Canal is the ideal place for a romantic stroll during your trip to Paris.
- Covered arcades: The Prado and Brady arcades are the two covered arcades in the 10th arrondissement of Paris. Built in the 19th century, they are covered walkways with glass ceilings, set between two buildings. These two particular arcades are a charming architectural curiosity – not to be missed during your trip to Paris.
- The Porte Saint Denis: built in 1672 to the glory of Louis XIV, the Porte Saint Denis is one of the most typical examples of 17th century ceremonial art.
Sites in the neighbouring arrondissements
Also just a hop from your hotel in Paris’ 10th arrondissement, but in the neighbouring districts, you can visit a number of memorable sites:
- The Opéra Garnier
- Place de la Concorde
- The Jardin des Tuileries
- The Louvre
- Les Halles
- The centre Pompidou
- The Paris City Hall (Hôtel de Ville)
And to round off your visit, why not choose from one of the excellent restaurants in our list for an evening out near your hotel in Paris’ 10th arrondissement.