Hotel Provinces Opéra, at the heart of festivals and cultural events in Île-de-France
Your Provinces Opéra hotel is ideally located in the heart of Paris. The hotel’s restaurant offers traditional cuisine with the possibility of having customised lunch for your employees during your business seminar in Paris. You can also relax in the Art Deco bar, listed as a Historic Monument. Cocktails, open bar and privatization for an event are all possibilities.
Modular meeting rooms and lounges will also be able to welcome your employees during your seminars and incentives. We advise you to request a quotation.
The news in Ile-de-France are rich in varied events for this year 2018. We offer here a non-exhaustive list of festivals, concerts, shows, sports competitions and other events not to be missed!
Paris, the capital of fashion, welcomes as usual its Fashion Week from 17 to 25 January 2018 for the collections of men’s ready-to-wear and haute couture. The Grand Palais, Palais de Tokyo and Palais Brongniart will be at the centre of the show. It will also be an opportunity for you to discover the brand new Yves Saint Laurent Museum.
Charlotte Gainsbourg will perform live at La Cigale on March 28, the opportunity for you to book your night at the hotel Provinces Opera located a few blocks from the concert hall.
Liam Gallagher will make his comeback on stage at Olympia on March 2nd and Ed Sheeran will be at the Stade de France on July 6th and 7th.
Finally, Etienne Daho, Pop icon for almost 40 years will present his new album “Blitz” live at the Olympia from November 27 to December 2. Not to be missed !
Paris is also full of festivals dedicated to music in the broadest sense. Here is a preview of the Parisian music scene:
- The Jazz Festival in Saint-Germain-des-Prés will take place from May 24 to June 4
- The Download Festival, for rock fans, will take place in Brétigny sur Orge from June 15th to 17th. For its second edition he welcomes the Guns n’Roses, The Offspring …
- Les Solidays will meet you at the Longchamp racecourse from 22 to 24 June.
- The essential Rock En Seine will invest the national domain of Saint-Cloud from 24th to 26th
- The Techno Parade which highlights the techno scene in the streets of the capital will celebrate its 20th anniversary.
The American festival Lollapalooza invites you to its second Parisian edition on 21 and 22 July 2018 at the Hippodrome Longchamp with Gorillaz, Diplo, Noel Gallagher, Depeche Mode, Rag’ N’ Bone Man… Don’t hesitate to book a hotel for the weekend to fully enjoy the festival!
We start competitions with the Six Nations Championship and the France-Ireland game which will take place on February 3rd at the Stade de France.
On March 4,2018, the Semi-marathon de Paris will be held with its more than 40,000 participants for 21.1km in the woods of Vincennes, while on April 8, the 42nd edition of the Marathon de Paris will be held, one of the most famous races in the world: 57,000 runners will run the asphalt over a distance of 42,195 km.
From 16 to 18 March, we move to a completely different range with Le Saut Hermes and its 9th edition at the Grand Palais with, as always, an obstacle course with the best horses in the world.
Roland Garros, the must-attend tennis event, will take place at the Porte d’ Auteuil from 21 May to 10 June. Book now your seats in the stands and your hotel to attend the second Grand Slam tournament.
Trade fairs and exhibitions
Paris Expo Porte de Versailles will host many events as always:
- The traditional International Agricultural Trade Fair will open its doors from February 24th to March 4th and offers you the opportunity to discover regional gastronomy and local products.
- The Foire de Paris, the 1st European Trade Fair, will take place from 27 April to 8 May.
- The Mondial de l’Automobile will celebrate its 120th edition from October 4th to 14th.
- Paris Games Week will take up residence in early November and is expected to welcome more than 300,000 visitors, video game and geek culture enthusiasts.
The Reuilly lawn hosts Europe’s largest funfair, La Foire du Trone, from March 30 to May 27.
The Japan Expo for fans of Japanese culture will take place at the Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center from July 5th to 8th.
Paris and its cabarets, come and admire the great Parisian shows: the Lido with its Bluebell Girls, the Moulin Rouge and its magazine Féérie and finally the Crazy Horse and his show “Totally Crazy”. And to finish the evening, go to the bar of your 3-star hotel in a 1925 Art Deco atmosphere and classified as a historical monument.